At Broken and Gracefully Loved, we believe that in order to be on a Christ-led journey you need to understand what it means to be a Christian and to give your life to Christ. Our entire ministry is about bringing people to Christ and then helping them nurture their growth.
John 3:16 (NIV) For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
What are the steps to becoming a Christian?
- The first step is confessing your sins to God, and asking Him to forgive your sins through Jesus Christ.
- The next thing is to pray that God sends His Advocate, the Holy Spirit to fill you, so that He can intercede for you. Always remember to pray to God through Jesus Christ. We only have access to God through Christ.
- The final steps are to get a Bible and get involved in a Bible-based church where your faith can continue to grow and mature.
- The most important step for you to grow and be transformed, is spending time learning God’s Word, which is reading the Bible.
Feel free to use this simple prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen
Now your journey begins… God loves you SO MUCH and has big plans for your life!
You may be thinking… Where should I begin??
Grab a bible (or your favorite bible app, like You Version Bible) and here are two books we suggest:
1. “30 Days to Understanding the Bible” by Max Anders
2. “The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?” by Rick Warren